Concord Pediatrics offers two testing options - Rapid Antigen Testing (15 minute) and PCR Testing (1 day). We are following current NH Department of Health and Human Services and CDC Guidelines when determining which test to use.
- 2022: Health insurance coverage for COVID-19 Testing is changing. We offer Rapid Testing and PCR testing during office visits at Concord Pediatrics. This involves a co-pay for the office visit. Coverage for the cost of the test is decided by your health insurance carrier. Please call your insurance carrier for the details according to your plan. If you need a test and do not need a medical evaluation, please use a home test.
- PCR tests are more expensive and many health insurances do not cover the test at full cost.
Scroll down for:
- A note about home tests for COVID-19
- My child had contact with someone with COVID-19. What day should they get tested?
- COVID-19 Pricing Transparency
A note about home tests for COVID-19.
Rapid Antigen Tests for use at home can be accurate and useful tests. They are designed to be repeated in 24-48 hours for the most accurate results.
- At the very start of an illness (too early) or after 5 days of illness (too late), it is possible a rapid test will be negative, even if the person has COVID-19.
- If a Rapid Antigen Test is negative, that means there was not a lot of virus present on that day. When there is high suspicion for COVID-19, such as in the case of a sick person who was in close contact to someone with COVID-19, or a person who reports very specific symptoms of COVID-19 (like total loss of taste or smell) the test should be repeated in the following days.
- If an at home test is POSITIVE, it is POSITIVE. The chance of a "false positive" is very low. A subsequent negative rapid at home test, negative rapid test in the office, or negative PCR will not override the positive at home test. We strongly discourage additional testing after a positive test.
- See our information about what to do if your child has COVID-19 here.
- Please note that Concord Pediatrics cannot write Back to School/Daycare/Sports notes based on negative home tests results.
- Check out https://www.covidtests.gov/ for free tests. Also check with your health insurance provider to see if tests can be ordered directly through your insurance, or if your purchase of a home test is covered by your insurance.
FAQ: My child had close contact with someone with COVID-19 and is monitoring for symptoms. What day should they get tested?
- Rapid testing on day 5-7 may be helpful to know if your child is coming down with COVID. Your school or daycare may have set up their own guidelines about testing to return to school.
- A negative test does not rule out the possibility of later infection (a person could get sick on day 9 or 10 after exposure).
COVID-19 Pricing Transparency
If you need a COVID-19 diagnostic test, you may be curious about what a test will cost you. We publish our COVID-19 diagnostic test price list online in accordance with provisions in the CARES Act.
Important Facts to Keep in Mind
- If you have insurance, please note that many insurance plans no longer cover COVID-19 diagnostic testing at zero cost to you. Co-pays, deductibles, and the cost of the test may be your responsibility to pay.
- COVID-19 diagnostic testing options are rapidly evolving, and therefore tests and prices are subject to change. Our published price list is accurate as of 8/29/2022.
Please call your insurance agency before your appointment if you have questions about your insurance coverage for COVID-19 testing.
- COVID-19 PCR (COVID-19 Panther SARS-CoV-2 assay) A qualitative multi-target molecular test that aids in the detection of COVID-19 in nasal swabs; this test is swabbed at Concord Pediatrics, then sent to Concord Hospital and billed through Concord Hospital: See price listing at Concord Hospital
- Sofia SARS Antigen FIA A rapid antigen-based point-of-care test for the detection of COVID-19 completed (swabbed) at, and billed through Concord Pediatrics: $100.00*
- Sofia SARS and Flu A and Flu B Antigen FIA A rapid antigen-based point-of-care test for the detection of COVID-19, Influenza A and B completed (swabbed) at, and billed through Concord Pediatrics: $115.00*
*These listings do not include billings for the office visit for patient evaluation and specimen collection at Concord Pediatrics.