Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine for all children 6mo and up is here!
*The updated version of Pfizer-Bio-N-Tech COVID-19 vaccine — this one designed specifically to target the omicron subvariants that are dominant in the U.S. is now availble for people 12 years at our office! *
You can make a immunization appointment for your child, or get the vaccine at their next Well Child Visit. Call (603) 224-1929 today for an appointment.
See below for FAQ's and more details!
General Immunization tips:
- This is important: Have your child wear a loose short sleeve T-shirt or tank top. Take off any jackets or sweatshirts before you enter the waiting room. Less hassle and less waiting means less time for your child to worry about getting a shot.
- You know your child best- but most children do well with some advance notice that they are coming in for a shot. A last minute surprise often does not go over well. On the other hand, too much build-up and focus on the shot can also be difficult for some kids. Focus on the feeling of accomplishment they will have once its done!
- Some children, especially preteens and teens, can feel dizzy or faint with any vaccine. Hydrating well in the hours before the shot, and having a snack beforehand can be very helpful if your child has this tendency.
- Please note that patients are observed for 15 minutes after COVID-19 vaccination. A child with any history of anaphylaxis (or who has an allergy requiring an EpiPen) will be observed for 30 minutes. Please plan accordingly (bring a book to keep yourselves entertained!).
What vaccine does my child need?
- 3-dose primary series to individuals 6 months through 4 years of age
- 2-dose primary series to individuals 5 years through 11 years of age
- 2-dose primary series to individuals 12 years of age and older
- third dose (still part of primary series) to individuals 5 years of age and older with certain immunocompromising conditions
- single booster dose to individuals 5 through 11 years of age who have completed a primary series with Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Pfizer Bivalent booster dose to individuals 12 years of age and older who have completed a primary series with Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Pfizer Bivalent booster dose to individuals 18 years of age and older who have completed primary vaccination with a different authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine
Vaccine FAQ's & Additional Resources
Vaccine Questions? Know someone who is hesitant about the COVID-19 Vaccine?
*Start here with COVID-19 Questions and Answers from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.*
For more information please see the following links: